Thursday, August 30, 2012

Her Latest Move!

It has always been important to me to let Avery have free movement within a safe environment. These are just a few of the ways I've learned to parent Avery from my RIE Foundations course with Polly Elam. Almost daily I am seeing the benefits of these ideas and it has given Avery a sense of self accomplishment, too! I can see the way she smiles after her experimenting and hypothesizing proves to be true! She has determination to finish and the attention span to not let herself be distracted.

My husband isn't familiar with RIE, so I interject bits of info when I see something happen. What was really funny is that we were just talking about crawling today and I told him that typically once they start sitting, they will lean into a crawl. Avery must have heard this and decided it was something she wanted to try because the next thing I knew she was attempting this new experiment!
What happens when I lean forward while sitting? Let's see!!


She has been using the mattress to get into and out of this position. I never expected her to lean forward to get down from sitting! Looks like she's figured out a new way to use her body! I can hardly wait to see what will be next!
You amaze me every moment, Avery! I love you so much!

More photos from today:
I love seeing her explore her environment!
                              Before                                                                                    


                                                                            After



Lunchtime

Quick Photo with Kritter

No comments:

Post a Comment